Photo by Fredrick Omondi
About: The Top 100 Survey launched in 2008, seeks to identify Kenya’s fastest growing medium sized companies, showcase business excellence and highlight some of the country’s most successful entrepreneurship stories. A Top 100 Mid-Sized Company is one which ranks ahead of its peers in terms of revenue growth and profitability. The participants are required to fill in an entry form and attach financial statements for the previous three years. Research firm, Synovate Ltd, receives and analyses the completed general questionnaire while KPMG analyses the financial statements. The competition has Uganda and Tanzania editions.
The survey aims at enabling medium sized companies to benchmark themselves against their peers, highlight to policy makers their contribution to economic growth and support the firms by linking them with service providers. The audit is also aimed at facilitating networking amongst the companies and to create platforms for the firms to engage individually and collectively in activities like promoting entrepreneurship education amongst the youth.
The survey also captures the characteristics of the companies such as their business confidence outlook, talent management policies, innovation, involvement in corporate social responsibility and corporate governance.
All 100 finalists receive an award. In addition special awards are given for these categories:
• Pinnacle award (goes to overall winner)
• Leading lady entrepreneur
• ICT industry champion
• Manufacturing industry champion
• Hospitality industry champion
• Construction industry champion
• Service industry champion
• Healthcare industry champion
• Shareholder value champion
• Fastest growing company
Who is eligible to enter?
To be eligible, your business must satisfy all of the following criteria:
• Have annual turnover ranging from KSh 70 million to KSh 1 billion (participants must provide audited financial statements for three years)
• Should not be listed in any stock exchange
• Registered in Kenya
• Should not be a bank, insurance company, accounting/financial consulting firm or law firm
Important dates and deadlines:
• Organisers start accepting applications: 4th June 2012
• Conference and exhibition for the Top 100 finalists: Yet to be announced
• Gala Award Dinner: 12th October 2012
East Africa Project Manager, Top 100
Tel: +254 (0)20 2806000/229
P.O. Box 40612 - 00100 GPO, Nairobi, Kenya